Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Where Not to Ride, Part II

Yes, I know it's been more than a month since my last entry. I've been scootin' faithfully to work and back at least four times a week and take occasional trips on weekends; I obviously haven't taken the time to blog, though.

This past Saturday, I took the middle child out for a short spin. We came upon another friendly reminder that we live in what's still the Wild West for some folks. We tried to be extra careful around this place, as we figured the sign poster wouldn't have much trouble spotting us in our bright riding gear. If you look closely, you can see my reflection in his glasses; I have the matching jacket. The jacket my boy is wearing is actually my wife's, and thus the women's cut (shhh...don't tell him that, or I'll not be able to get it on him next time).

I'll do a write-up/review on these Olympia Moto Sports Airglide 2 riding jackets and pants soon.

2 comments:

Steve Williams said...

There are just more and more friendly signs appearing in the world. We have them everywhere. I often wonder what sort of person advertises that they'll shoot you. Something very different must go on in their head than mine....

Steve Williams
Scooter in the Sticks

Eurastus said...

I agree with you, Steve. What with folks like this and the all-too-frequent farm dog roaming the countryside, I feel like I'm dodging one unnecessary hazard after another.