Thursday, June 07, 2007

Rainy Day Thursday

I woke up this morning to light rain, heavy clouds, stiff winds, and a 45 degree temperature. I thought about taking the car, but figured that sooner or later I'd have to see if my rain gear is up to snuff or not. I got all the clothes on and was immediately too warm standing there in the garage, but once on the scoot and headed north, I felt fine.

Legs and upper body weathered the ride fine; the only cold parts of my body were my fingers and face. Frankly, I expected as much. I need to find a nice wool balaclava and some sort of windproof covering for the gloves. I think I have a pair of half-way decent gauntleted mittens somewhere, but after the recent move, I'm not sure exactly where they might be.

I was pleasantly surprised at how easy the ride in was, though the rain never hit all that hard. I was especially careful at every corner, just in case.

No problems, not any at all.

No comments: