Saturday, June 09, 2007

Took the Long Way Home

I took the long way home Friday after work. I spent lots of time up on the east benches of the valley, looking down on the congestion. I was very pleased at how the scooter handled the hills, though I didn't push it hard at any point; I've still only got 300 miles on this scoot and as such we're just shy of half-way through the recommended 625 mile (1000 km) break-in distance. Unfortunately, I wasn't looking at the time and, after stopping for gas (filled 'er up with 91 octane for a whoppin' $5.50, by the way), I arrived home a few minutes after 18:30. The trip took considerably more time than I thought it would. Sure was fun, though.

I picked up a cheap $17 face shield for the helmet Thursday on the way home. It makes the helmet difficult to fit in the pet carrier, but otherwise is a welcome addition to my gear. I find I no longer have dust and other gunk blowing into my eyes while speeds over 45 mph are not as difficult either. I'll have to get one for the wife as well; I think she'll like it.

No comments: